8086 interview questions
- What are the flags in 8086? - In 8086 Carry flag, Parity flag, Auxiliary carry flag, Zero flag, Overflow flag, Trace flag, Interrupt flag, Direction flag, and Sign flag.
- What are the various interrupts in 8086? - Maskable interrupts, Non-Maskable interrupts.
- What is meant by Maskable interrupts? - An interrupt that can be turned off by the programmer is known as Maskable interrupt.
- What is Non-Maskable interrupts? - An interrupt which can be never be turned off (ie.disabled) is known as Non-Maskable interrupt.
- Which interrupts are generally used for critical events? - Non-Maskable interrupts are used in critical events. Such as Power failure, Emergency, Shut off etc.,
- Give examples for Maskable interrupts? - RST 7.5, RST6.5, RST5.5 are Maskable interrupts
- Give example for Non-Maskable interrupts? - Trap is known as Non-Maskable interrupts, which is used in emergency condition.
- What is the Maximum clock frequency in 8086? - 5 Mhz is the Maximum clock frequency in 8086.
- What are the various segment registers in 8086? - Code, Data, Stack, Extra Segment registers in 8086.